I was thrown from a car into the Petsmart parking lot on Lavista Road in Atlanta on February 7, 2009! Someone was going to call animal control to pick me up which would have definitely been the end of me. Luckily three women insisted on taking care of me. I have a pelvic fracture and a dislocated right hip. The vet says I was hit by a car about 4 weeks earlier and never treated. So now I need of surgery on my hip (and of course they want to spay me too)! My hip estimate is $1700-$2100. I am such a sweet girl and will make a wonderful companion. I love other dogs and try to play, even with my injuries. My foster mom Amy thinks I'm one of the kindest dogs she's ever fostered.I'm completely house trained and don't even chew anything up that's not supposed to be chewed! Can you please help pay for my surgery? If you would like to adopt me or make a contribution for my surgery, then I can get on the road to recovery.
After all, Iʼm only about 15 months old and have a lot of livinʼ to do!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hi everyone….
Just want to say that I am feeling really good these days. I’m on rimadyl and tramadol for my pain and a glucosamine supplement for my joint and cartilage care. My stitches look terrific and I’m leaving them alone for the most part. I’m using my leg alot which makes everyone very happy. I’ll get more used to that as time goes on since I was used to holding it up. I’ve attached pictures of me in the snow. I really like rain and snow! I was blowing bubbles in the water holes after the rain and then experienced my first snow and think it’s the most fun I’ve ever had! Eating the white fluff revs up my engine! My mom has to make sure I don’t get too excited, which I can easily do… she keeps saying “soon Greta, soon”. Whatever that means…

I am very lucky to have all of you caring for me!













No comments:

Post a Comment